All Reader Reviews of...
26 Carmine St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Bleecker St.
By debtreb on 3/21/2013
ordered noodles and the meat was rancid. When I sent it back they were awful about it.
By shampoooop on 8/25/2011
Noodle bar is absolutely delicious! I am totally addicted to the Mee Goreng... it's sweet and spicy, just perfect! I usually go to the LES location on Stanton & Orchard. The staff is super nice and take out is very quick. It's cash only, but you can order through Seemless web if you can't hit up an ATM first. GREAT PLACE!
tight but tasty
By deborah on 12/4/2006
I was craving a chinese noodle soup a la #1 Noodle Town, but since I work in the West Village, I decided to check out Noodle Bar. The place was packed. There are 3 small two-tops in the front and a long lunch counter so it's pretty cramped. When I got there at 1:30, there was only one seat left and I was squeezed in. Space issues aside, the only other problem was that the guy who sat next to me was left-handed, so there was plenty of bumping going on. I had the $6.95 lunch special which comes with a spring roll and carrot-dressing salad and a main dish. I chose the the Soto Ayam, indonesian chicken soup. The spring roll was greaseless and the salad super healthy tasting. The noodle soup had savory shallot bits in it and was mildly spicy without putting any pepper condiments in. Strips of poached chicken floated in the broth which had a complex flavor (not that sock water you get at chinese take out places). I would definitely go back...but maybe when it's less busy.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s