All Reader Reviews of...
104 North End Ave., New York, NY, 10282
nr. Vesey St.
By dashma on 8/13/2012
Unless you have a charge account with Goldman, be very aware. The food is not anywhere NEAR worth the cost. We were a party of 4, all getting different food, and all very disappointed with our meals- from mini salads (consisting of 2 pieces of squash for 19$) to an overly fatty quail appetizer. The entrees were all so salty that we commented to the waiter on it. I ordered salmon with quinoa that was so salty, I couldn't even taste the food. My fiance shared the Chicken for 2 which was moist, but had seeping fatty crutons in the dish. (this too was salty). Another friend ordered the bass, which was only "ok" but came with no sides for the lofty price. We had sides of the fries (which had far too much cumin and salt), the escarole (too salty), and carrots. Its a shame to have to order sides with already pricey entrees. (especially as they were not good.) The cheesecake (lemon and verbana) was the size of a couple dice, and had no flavor of cheese or lemon. The butterscotch pot de creme was the only saving grace- though was so sweet it could melt your teeth. The service was polite but spotty. He forgot one of our side dishes (the corn) and we had to keep asking to have our water refilled (i'm suprised he isn't used to all the repeated water requests due to the salt content.)
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu