- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
18 Wyckoff Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11237
at Troutman St.
Fun, Cute, and Cozy
By dwollard on 3/21/2011
There was a little wait when we arrived but they have a cute basement that has live music, appetizers, and drinks for you to wait in. The people were very nice and answered any questions. The food was super amazing and I told everyone i know about this great find. I cant wait to go back and try the brunch!
Come here. Relax. Drink. (but bring pepperspray.)
By jannashaw on 7/2/2010
This really is a great place to go for drinks and to kick back with friends or an intimate date. The first time I went here, I sat at the bar with a date and we shared a bottle of wine. The surprise factor was that the restaurant does not offer any type of merlot. The man I went with is a regular to the joint and claims they have the best tater tots in all of New York, and we were talking to the manager (owner?) about it. He ended up bringing us a side, and they were indeed good. The second time I came here, it was for dinner. I'm a vegetarian, and though there are some very interesting menu items, hardly any of them were for me. I ended up with a salad sans bacon, and it was just that: a salad sans bacon. Nothing special. I'll continue coming back here, as it is in my little area and because the energy here is great. It's always been full of people and good laughs and the waitstaff is really friendly. Dress code varies. The first time I went here, I dressed up a bit and didn't feel out of place, however the second time I came, I was dressed casually and still felt comfortable. I'm really excited to see what becomes of this area in Bushwick. It's still a bit iff-y, however if Northeast Kingdom is any indication of the restaurants that will soon start flourishing, count. me. in!
Too expensive for Bushwick
By peapod on 10/18/2009
The food is perfect and delicious. However, we feel that they could do a lot more business if they lowered their prices by about $2 or so. The prices wouldn't be astonishing in Manhattan, but there's a reason we live in Bushwick! Also, more vegetarian entrees would suit the targeted demographic. Otherwise, the food really is absolutely delicious and the atmosphere is very pleasant. Speaking for ourselves, we would eat there much more often if the prices were a little bit more reasonable.
Great Food Deep In the Heart of Brooklyn
By connect on 1/8/2008
I live in the area and have eaten at this place 20+ times. The food is always delicious and the staff is friendly. They also just opened a lounge downstairs complete with faux fireplace. Make sure to check the specials when you go, there are always great additions to the menu.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- A Pastry Chef Claims San Francisco’s Museum of Modern Art Stole Her Cake Ideas
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast