All Reader Reviews of...
1 Central Park West, New York, NY, 10023
at Columbus Cir.
By helena69 on 2/4/2008
What a wonderful restaurant. I just had to write a review. Right from the start, (and the worst for wear) this was a warm and inviting haven. The food superb. The Tuna Tartare!! There really are not enough words in The English Dictionary to describe this taste sensation. It blew me away, and the other courses were equal to it. Attentive, but not intrusive service and recommendations. They could not be faulted. The Somelier was wonderful too. Unpretentious. The food does the talking. Very good value for the masterpieces that were presented to us. Many thanks. New Yorker's, you are so lucky to have such an establishment on your doorstep. Enjoy!!!
By willdonald on 4/27/2007
Here is an upscale restaurant that makes you feel right at home the moment you enter. You are met by smiling receptionists, who are friendly and welcoming. You are led into a lofty, beautifully-decorated dining room that feels comfortable no matter how crowded. The service is great, the food is outstanding, and the meal will not require that you take out a loan. You will be surprised at how well-stocked and reasonably-priced the wine menu is. All of the menu items will please your taste buds. Every ingredient is so fresh and sincere. Unlike some other restaurants, I've never had a dish at Nougatine that went too far in a quest to be creative. The chef is a genius at marrying tastes; and not once have I thought "oh this is just too much." Appetizers and desserts are as inspired and delicious as the main offerings. Since my first dining experience at Nougatine in the summer of 2006, I've come back at least once every other month because I can not think of another restaurant that pleases me as much, and in so many ways.
By alanreinke on 1/4/2006
The prix fixe lunch menu has to be the best bargain in town. The decor is smashing and the service is attentive. The food is truly great.
By martin_chamois on 7/5/2005
Adjacent to the reception and bar of Jean-Georges Vongerichten' Jean-Georges is his laboratory. A contemporary place to savor the best of what is in the creative brain of one of Manhattan’s truly outstanding chefs. A secret dinning place to enjoy the best of Jean-Georges at a fraction of the price.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations