- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
482 Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
at 12th St.
This is NOT A BRAZILIAN place
By reemer on 7/14/2011
this is not a brazilian place whatsoever. One of the partners, that claims to be brazilian, is in fact argentinian. the other 2 are americans. they only use some brazilian names and products to sound cool and sell overpriced stuff. dont buy their crap! The brigadeiro, although made by a brazilian woman ( brigadeiro bakery) is not good. It is too buttery! they make like this to try to be more american taste friendly. You can have better in brazil. If they sold like this in Brazil, the company would not last! believe me... Now, the dark side: The mini cakes, scones and cookies are frosted at night and defrosted in the morning. So, you are really eating a product that is not fresh. Did you ever get yours a little on the cold side? thats why... When you get the kale and the turkey sandwich without the crost, it is because it is a left over from the other night. they cut the crost because in the morning it gets hard and for you to not notice the poor quality they take the crost off! Now the most concerning thing is the way they treat employees. They make new hires work 2 days as unpaid trainning days. But they only tell that to the person when the first pay check comes, and then they get aware of the scam. 2 other employees quit and didnt get paid for the days they worked. do you remember the brazilian staff? yes, they didnt pay them because O Cafe thinks they cannot get sued for! they think they can get away with that..
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s