- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
7204 Third Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11209
at 72nd St.
Wine and dine in Bay Ridge
By Chmpgnrose on 3/15/2015
Visiting a friend and fellow poet in Brooklyn summons dinner in Bay Ridge. Olla Wine Bar is an intimate atmosphere setting with a good selection of wine and Italian entrees. By the power of observation on a Sunday night it appears we were among only four women patrons in the whole restaurant since it was Grammy Awards 2015 night. Olla Wine Bar fends a rustic winery setting with wine corks and a large wooden wine barrel as props. Several times during our course of dinner, the lighting was dimmed rather than just once. It is the perfect atmosphere for a date. I love the old fashion green blackboard handwritten message "I love everything that's old... Old friends, old times, old manners, old books and old wine" with an illustrated sketch of a wine bottle pouring wine into a glass. Yes, Happy Hour is available. Somewhat overpriced. At first impression was five stars but snail slow service and gross errors resulted from poor listening skills. The waiter did not offered Parmesan cheese or pepper which my poetic friend, specifically, requested three times. I personally prefer Parmesan cheese on my Risotto. The first time the waiter gave us a microscopic bottle of salt which we never requested. Second time he gave us an empty wooden pepper mill grinder which nothing came out. Finally, third time's the charm... right? Yes. The turnaround time for our food to arrive including fresh bread, correct condiments requested, and attaining change for the bill was turtle slow!
Good Food, nice decor,pleasant staff
By Brooklynwatch on 1/22/2012
My husband and I went for the first time this weekend. The Cabernet special was very nice. We shared special goat cheese tart appetizer, excellent. The service was great, despite an ordering error. Was fixed promptly, and we were comped a lovely Strawberry Creme Brulee for the slight delay. The Wine Bar in front is very attractive, and all seats were taken by the time we finished dinner. Will definitely return.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s