All Reader Reviews of...
807 Eighth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
nr. 49th St.
Standard Diner Fare
By gllafc on 11/5/2010
This is my neighborhood diner. It gets crowded for breakfast (especially on the weekend.) It's often a ghost town for dinner and some of the night waiters are a bit creepy. The food is what you'd expect at any diner. Decent (but not great) prices. If I have lunch or dinner I usually have a burger, reuben, or gyro. I've never tried any of the "dinners" that come with soup or salad and vegetables. For breakfast I usually have bacon and eggs or pancakes with big fat link sausages. All of this is good. This restaurant did get closed down by the Board of Health last year. I thought I would never go back but it is so convenient and I figure that the Board of Health is keeping tabs on it. The location is great, super close to all of the Broadway shows.
Yummy fresh fish
By Jackie77 on 12/7/2008
Was running late to a bway show and was thinking that I was going to starve!! Luckily, they have quick & friendly service! I had the filet that is stuffed with crabmeat (or with spinach & feta if you like). Soooo good, so fresh, and such an impressive portion for the price, ESPECIALLY in nyc where it's almost impossible to find a good dinner for a decent price!! You have to try it! Not only is it a great value, it's an original dish that I haven't seen anywhere else... Definitely one of nyc's hidden gifts that only a real new yorker can usually find.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus