- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
14 Elizabeth St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Bayard St.
Great for a Family Too!
By klwoodman on 3/5/2011
Tonight, while running an errand in Chinatown, we ended up at Oriental Garden, more or less by accident. We have a four year old and a 10 month old. Dining in NYC can always be an adventure with kiddos. But to our surprise an early evening dinner with two young children (on a Saturday night to boot) was quite pleasant. The staff was great with our kids. We had the steamed dumplings, spring rolls, lemon chicken, and chicken with vegetables. All were wonderful, and our children ate well. Yes, for a family it can be a bit pricey for Chinese food, but for us tonight it was well worth it. Furthermore, my husband lived and worked south of Shanghai for a year, and I have also been to this southern region of China. And we were both overwhlemed with the complex flavors, authenticity, and incredible freshness of the food. And need I mention again, our kids loved it too!
Best Chinese Food in Chinatown
By GaelGreeneWithoutTheHat on 12/3/2010
I went to Oriental Garden based on the recommendation of friends and New York Magazine and was not disappointed. The food was delicious (shrimp balls? short ribs? lobster? seafood fried rice? All fantastic). Plus, the maitre'd was so excited to introduce new foods to us, he kept bringing over plates of new and delicious food. A great place!
Best Chinese resturant in Chinatown
By exciteme on 7/16/2007
The food is great, albeit a bit pricey. If you have to eat in Chinatown and have cash to spend, I would do it here. That said, its not too hard to be the "best Chinese restaurant" in the area given its lack of competition.
Nice Dim Sum and Good Service!
By Clemence on 12/1/2008
I think the food is fairly priced, not cheap but not overpriced at all. Ok it is in Chinatown, but it is still Manhattan and for that price, you can pay a lot more for tasteless food anywhere else. If you are in a Dim Sum mood I defintely recommend this place, located in the earth of Chinatown. The food is good, the service is allright and the decor is rather classic.
better than most
By anadelgado on 7/28/2011
went here because of ny mag review, place was cleaner than most chinatown restaurants and food was better than most, but not anything to travel to. I would rate it a c.
By 233cock on 10/16/2009
Food was nothing special but price was high like for something special. Worst part was they take only AMEX or cash so I had to run to bank for cash at 9 pm. Next door is parking garage(Quick Park) and they charged $37 for 1 hour 40 minute. Sign at entrance said $8.50 for whole day. Awful experience. Never say never but this one should be 'never again'.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu