All Reader Reviews of...
71 Seventh Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11217
nr. Berkeley Pl.
Ode to My Oshima
By drifter713 on 7/12/2009
I was a dedicated customer to Oshima before its recent renovation. I loved the old look. The wood paneling gave you the impression that you were sitting in a good old fashioned sushi restaurant. That setting made the sashimi and nigiri taste all the more fresh and the sukiyaki was more than welcomed on a frigid December afternoon. Although the ambience might have been giving a 21st century makeover. The tastes all remained the same. The inventive seasonal appetizers and specialty rolls encouraged me to try my first piece of sea urchin (surprisingly good). The attentive wait staff and lovely hosts keep me coming back over and over. My old favorite Oshima is now my old favorite new Oshima.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu