All Reader Reviews of...
142 W. 44th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Sixth Ave.
A place to return to
By 9KEN11 on 12/27/2009
We were out-of-town guests of in-town friends. It was a perfect. Everyone in our party of 6 (adults and 2 teen-age children), enjoyed their choices from the menu, which is accurately described on this site. It's not a large place, tucked in just steps from Time Square; suitable for an intimate meal, but large enough for a party of 12 or 20. The people of Italy just know how to live. We will be back.
A Very Comfortabel Place
By martin_chamois on 1/14/2005
Fortunately the theater area is blessed with many moderately priced Italians. Doge is possibly the best of the group. The dinning space is multi-level with a comfortable style perfectly matching the informal menu. The service is above average, and the whole dinning experience is warm and comforting. The menu is limited and the preparations, if not exciting, are nonetheless well executed and satisfying.
Osteria al Doge
By sahw on 2/6/2004
Nice pre and after theatre spot that presents good Northern Italian fare. Friendly service and comfortable seating.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations