- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
135 W. 50th St., New York, NY, 10020
between Sixth and Seventh Aves.
More a Trattoria then an Osteria
By martin_chamois on 4/12/2004
An osteria in my mind is a small and quaint country inn serving good food. Osteria Stella is anything but small and quaint. It is a very large dinning hall, decorated in a modern interpretation of Italian country style that is reminiscent of large trattoria in any major Italian city. The food is very good, if not great, as is the service. Seating is comfortable. For lunch it is light and bright, but perhaps too illuminated for evening dining. Located between Rockefeller Center and the Broadway theaters, this place will undoubtedly be full each evening. A good choice.
By captaingeek on 7/20/2004
The huge room=not being able to hear well. The pizza was not very good (brittle and dry- excessive toppings to compensate), but everyone was happy with their main course. When the desert tray came around none of the 6 other people that I was with ordered because- nothing looked good.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl