All Reader Reviews of...
6 W. 24th St., New York, NY, 10010
By Madison11 on 12/15/2005
I went to Ottimo for the first time last evening with a group of girlfriends. After enjoying our meal with a rude waiter peering over our table, we were treated exceptionally rude. Not only was the waiter confrontational but the hostess decided to join in. I have never seen such a gross lack of couth and tack in a business. The only tip I should have left for the staff was to look for other jobs because apparently customer service is not this restaurant's forte.
great food...waiter w attitude
By marynyc on 9/27/2005
I just ate at this restaurant today with 2 of my co-workers. The decor is very warm and cozy. The food was absolutely great! The service was prompt, but our waiter was surprisingly RUDE! When we asked for details about one of the daily specials...ingredients and price he was openly annoyed and insisted that one of my co-workers should pronounce the name of the dish properly! If we didn't have to adhere to a limited time for our lunch hour, we would have gotten up and walked right out. As I said, we were all very happy with the food and decor, but in NYC there are many great Italian restaurants with congenial staff. The next time I feel like Italian food I will take a trip uptown to Tony's DiNapoli or downtown to one of the very fine restaurants in Little Italy, where the whole dining experience is a pleasure.
Great Authentic Italian
By rob_nyc on 1/3/2004
This relatively unknown place is not in Zagat's and is a real find - I have gone multiple times. We vacation each year on the Amalfi coast and the food at Ottimo is the best authentic Neapolitan cuisine that I have eaten in NYC - pizzas, pastas and salads are all excellent. I can't speak to the meats and fish - I seem to get stuck on the pasta (so much for Atkins). Room and service are very good also.
Ottimo, a rare find
By BruceStram on 3/16/2003
First of all it has real Neopolitan pizza cooked properly in a super hot oven. One cannot get a true fresh tomato marghirita no doubt because our tomatoes just don't have enough flavor. But the crust, sauce, basil and cheese are terrific. I've got nothing against American pizza, but it is very different. Seafood Italian is also excellent, at least the pastas I tried, just as one would expect in Naples. And at very reasonable prices for NY. Get there while it still is.
I've found it!!!
By Bendelow on 3/4/2003
Finally REAL Neapolitan Pizza in Manhattan that's in a great restaurant. The toppings, the sauce, the cheese, the crust... absolutely PERFECT! You'll devour every crumb. Good all-Italian wine list, accomodating staff; forget the rest, go with the Best.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s