All Reader Reviews of...
89 South St., New York, NY, 10038
nr. Fulton St.
Horrible Experience and AWFUL service!!!
By karenjks55 on 6/9/2009
Server=Saha- distant, dazed and mentally lost as he stared into space. He brought a sandwich with bacon after I asked specifically for no bacon; although rare, I'm allergic to pork. It came with pork on it, I had to send it back. Mindless waiter came over to say "they were making a new sandwich". New sandwich came, I discovered it was the EXACT same sandwich with the same cheese thrown back on, only difference was now it had been stifled through by someone. Bacon bits were left behind through out the lump of cold once melted cheese that was thrown back on the sandwich. CLEARLY apparent they had handsorted through sandwich then tried to give it back tome to eat. MAJOR health issue! I was disgusted. We asked for a manager but none came.I was still nice enough to leave a tip! Not a large one, but he certainly didn deserve anything. I check my account; they charged me more money than I signed for as a tip for this guy. I try to call and I get the runaround. I will NEVER EVER go back to this rip off chop shop withcrummy service.
By jonsteve on 9/20/2008
Excellent people, excellent service and food was great! Thanks for a fabulous experience. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Food Was Horrible
By aalfred on 7/19/2008
I stopped here with a friend for a light snack as we waited for a larger crowd. We ordered the Buffalo Chicken Wings and two drinks. My God! Did this restaurant wash and properly clean the wings before they cooked them? They were horrible, and tasted like unwashed, raw, smelly chicken. THe wings were terrible. One bite into it and we felt like puking. If you ever had fish before that tasted very fishy and smelled so bad like stink fish you would know what I am talking about. The wings were so stink. We quickly paid and left everyting, even our drinks because we didnt want to be there anymore - such a turn off!. How can a restaurant that is located in such a beautiful area serve such low grade, low quality food? The chef and owners should be ashamed. They have ruined their reputation. A day later and I cant get that bad chicken taste out of my system. I WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN AND YOU SHOULD NOT EITHER. YOU WOULD REGRET IT!!! Lots of better places there on the Pier.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu