All Reader Reviews of...
161 Ludlow St., New York, NY, 10002
at Stanton St.
Great Little Place
By cindyl on 1/24/2010
Went here with my husband, son & his girlfirend. We all have different dietary preferences. There was plenty of variety to accomidate everyone. Mojitos were great, as was Sangreia. Everything fresh and ample portions. We made reservations and were promptly seated. Our servers were friendly and attentive. Can't say enough about how good it was, especially for the prices.
By pimpopab77 on 1/7/2008
A party of flavors.....
By prekop on 8/31/2005
From the restaurant as a whole -- the food, drinks, atmosphere, SERVICE, and Value - - this place is great! I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to try new things - Try it...you'll love it!
Paladar- you can't beat the price.
By aihtnave on 1/28/2003
Went to Paladar last Saturday night at 9 pm. Pleasant surprise #1: The place was packed, yet we were seated in just 20 minutes, which flew by with the help of the Mojito. Pleasant surprise #2: The chef, Aaron Sanchez, was actually there on a Saturday night. Pleasant surprise #3: The prices were so cheap, I asked myself are we in Manhattan? Pleasant surprise #4: The food tasted great. This restaurant gives you really good value for your dollar. I tasted the sopes, ceviches, plantain boat, empanadas, cuban sandwich, quesadilla with potato and chorizo, and the plantain side, and the only item that was not excellent was the plantain side. I found the green plantains dry, and the sweet ones not sweet enough. Everything else was fresh, interesting and familiar at the same time. The hostess was very accommodating. Originally, we were seated at the table near the door, and every time the door opened we were treated to chillingly cold air. Five minutes after informing the hostess, we were moved to the warmer enclosed garden area of the restaurant. On a busy Saturday night mind you. I don't know if it's the recession, but I could get used to this.
Terrific food, great vibe and dirt cheap!
By poohbear on 1/15/2003
You couldn't ask for more. The food is fantastic! Usually latin apps are
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama