All Reader Reviews of...
837 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10017
nr. 45th St.
By missoverrated on 3/30/2011
I took my boyfriend here for dinner yesterday. The moment I walked in it felt the history, with drawings all over the walls and the creaking wood floors. I ordered their sassy and sweet cocktail which was great! We started with calamari appetizers which were great, i think it was the sauce/jalapenos made it different. Then we ordered a side of string beans with garlic (AMAZING!! perfect flavors) and two rib-eye. The steak was HUGE and very juicy. My boyfriend says it's high top five :)
The best meat ever
By Peter_Guggenheim on 7/30/2008
the best steak I ever have eaten.
Great Steaks at a great value...
By TBW104 on 2/25/2009
The Palm has amazing steaks and seafood. They treat you like family. Can't go wrong at The Palm!
It's not a "chain"! Really!
By mtrent on 9/29/2010
Whenever I visit New York, I go to the Palm on 2nd Avenue. The food is fantastic and the service is friendly (even if you get one of the gruff, old-guard waiters). Steaks, lobsters, veal, fish - never had a bad meal here. The managers treat you like family. I tell people I go to the Palm in New York, and they say, "why do you go to a chain when there are so many great restaurants in New York?" I have to explain, first, that the Palm is still family-owned. It's not a giant corporation with standards that may or may not be intended to improve the customer's experience. And 837 2nd Avenue is the original - the old cartoons on the walls in Chicago, Atlanta, and San Juan are all based on hand-painted decorations right here. So, if you're visiting New York, go to the Palm. Or go to the Palm Too, which they opened across the street because they're always busy. And when you get back home, find the Palm near you and remember that it's the same guys running it, and you'll have a good time and a great meal.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu