All Reader Reviews of...
305 1/2 Church St., New York, NY, 10013
at Walker St.
(212) 219 2357
Oil and bread
By LCNYC on 12/6/2011
What a disappointment. I tried the namesake pane panelle. Given that it's an Italian sandwich shop, I was hoping for a nice ciabatta or similar, hearty bread. Instead, the sandwich was served on a hamburger bun. It's a pretty good hamburger bun, but still... Far worse, though, was the amount of oil that saturated the chickpea fritters in the sandwich. It soaked through two layers of wrapping paper plus the paper takeout bag. Just gross. As for flavor...there wasn't any. It literally had no taste whatsoever - the cheese was bland and flavorless and the chickpea fritters had lost all flavor in their oil bath. At least the little side of caponata was good. I won't be going back.
Dont Wast Your Time
By kevin_fay1 on 9/27/2011
Tiny over priced sandwiches. All bread no filler.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu