All Reader Reviews of...
1295 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10128
at 92nd St.
New Digs Kept the Consistent Flavor
By Kickinitallday on 6/11/2010
Paola's is my East 90s go to. Consistently quality food accompanied by alert and interested service. The menu highlights a spectacular array of cuisine, including daily specials. The raviolis are some of the best in NYC... Try the liver raviolis, and the lamb ragout raviolis in truffle sauce. Those two dishes alone will make you want to come back. Add: cute hostess and bartender. Cons: Prosciutto appetizer, sometimes noisy.
Still my favorite
By knorad101 on 8/30/2008
I had dinner at Paola's before my marriage. I went back a few days ago with my wife and son and I still love the food, the ambiance and the great service!
A very off night
By vosne on 8/20/2008
Years ago I was a fan of Paola's. It was a charming spot, so small that it was difficult to navigate. The charm was overshadowed by the food, which was executed with discipline under Paola's watchful eye. Since then, the space has expanded a few times and the kitchen has not kept up. Last night, I took visiting relatives to the restaurant. Our four pasta entrees literally took an hour to come out of the kitchen. This notwithstanding the fact it we were there on a quiet Tuesday in August. When the entrees finally arrived, they were a huge disappointment. My wife's entree (which we were told was made without cream sauces) was congealing with butter. My bucatini with califlower tasted like old fashion tuna cassarole without the tuna. Paola is still a gracious host. When problems were brought to her attention she insisted on comping the dinner (which I refused).
By cas7575 on 2/21/2007
We visited in February 2007 and had a delicious and romantic dinner. The wait staff was attentive and helpful in the menu selection. The Duck Ragout was DELICIOUS. The prosciutto and chunks of sharp provolone appetizer was also excellent. Don't leave without trying the tiramisu. I highly recommend Paolo's - it might be one of the best kept secrets in NYC.
By jack1016 on 2/23/2004
many years ago my wife and I discovered a Trattoria on a remote street in Rome. we went back again and again over years and it always felt like home....Paola's is like that for us now. Of course the food is supurb, the setting comfortable and chic, but it is the perfect service, friendly without being invasive, that really makes us to happy to visit Paola's on a weekly basis.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl