All Reader Reviews of...
8 Little W. 12th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Ninth Ave.
THE MOST AWFUL SERVICE I HAVE EVER EVER!!! ENCOUNTERED
By maddu on 8/4/2008
Went to this restaurant for a business dinner and was surprised by the lack of common courtesy. They never brought us water, our client's food was never ordered by the waiter, only to be brought in cold and dry. At the end of the night our client ended up having a big argument with the waiter. AWFUL
Good in summer time.
By girardasse on 12/14/2007
Lovely garden/terrace in the back. As its name states, Paradou's menu is all about South of France cuisine (bouillabaisse, aioli, etc): food is good but not so cheap. Average service.
Join their email list
By TheBoyAboutTown on 2/9/2007
On just a regular night I can't say it is anything special. Small crowded space if you don't get a garden seat (which I requested and didn't get). However, they have many special nights and tasting menus via their amusing email list.
What's Its Point, Besides the Garden?
By cateljo on 1/21/2007
Premise: the garden, for some reason, was closed. So perhaps I missed 90% of this place. Because food is ok, but it's kind of difficult to get it wrong with a steak and you're paying 70 bucks for dinner (drinking very, very little). Desserts are the usual global-irrelevant experience, and crepes taste like palatchinken when the Wall was still there. Service: notr rude nor incompetent, but nothing special.
Cute but overrated
By battousai on 7/10/2005
Was expecting a Gallic gastronomic tour de force but was definitely underwhelmed by their less than imaginative menu. Yeah you'll get the classics like duck magret, roast chicken, and hangar steak, but if you're looking for breakthrough French cuisine, then you're in the wrong place. The service is commendable and courteous so they will take care of you and they have a lovely backyard outdoor garden perfect for romantic al fresco dining. Don't get me wrong, the food is solid, but I suppose it's right where it's supposed to be given their price points.
By foodaholic on 12/31/2004
Magazine reviews were on point: great food, attentive service, unpretentious for the District.
By alyss on 10/18/2004
I just love Paradou: the food, the atmosphere, and the overall experience. Make sure you make a reservation as it gets very busy. We sat in their heated garden and had a great great time... I just love it!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods