All Reader Reviews of...
70 W. 71st St., New York, NY, 10023
nr. Columbus Ave.
By ndegannes on 1/7/2013
Great food, fantastic service, warm atmosphere. The roasted eggplant mezze was a personal favourite. I had fish for the entree and it was perfectly cooked! The servers were happy to explain menu options. Our water glasses were always filled, our orders taken as soon as we put our menus down. It was all round a positive experience.
Good food from Turkey
By r3a35mm on 12/28/2009
We didn't know where to eat, having visited the Historic Archive on 77th street, and this unassuming restaurant nails it with home-cooked tasty Turkish dishes like manti (dumplings), grilled lambchops, and feta cheese in phyllo dough. Service is attentive and surprisingly fast (but not rushed), though the main dining area is a little dated and stuffy. The food is frankly delicious. Large round tables make the place suitable for groups. The Kazandibi, a "caramelized, bottom of the pan milk pudding" tastes like roasted marshmallow (that´s a good thing) and the baklava with sprinkled pistachio on whipped cream tastes great with a dose of Turkish coffee.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu