All Reader Reviews of...
177 Mulberry St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Broome St.
I wished we liked it!
By Abbey on 2/13/2007
I must say, I was excited to finally try this restaurant after years of walking by its door. Unfortunately, although warm and cozy with decent service, the food just wasn't that good. From the start it was not promising - a salad that was decidely grassy, and another appetizer which tasted like mushroom jello. Entrees weren't much better - a combination of less than stellar cooking (everything was VERY salty and everything was a bit overcooked) and ingredients that were not at their best. I would think that at this location, in a neighborhood that is hot with great restaurants, they would do their best to keep pace. We won't be going back.
Wonderful French Cuisine.... Casual yet Refined Atmosphere!!
By Coastie on 3/31/2005
Our night out at Patois was simply outstanding. The food was wonderfully prepared, the presentation was beautiful and most importantly, it tasted GREEAAAT! I will return on my next visit to the neighborhood and I highly recommend Patois to everyone looking for wonderful french cuisine in a casual atmosphere with excellent service.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s