By hoshea on 4/29/2008
I absolutely loved eating here and don't get how anybody could think that there is bad service. It is great for the family and the pizza is excellent.
great classic pizzeria
By mistermcgoo on 7/1/2009
If you're after old school traditional NY thin crust pizza this is the place for you. If you've ever been to Italy and sampled the real deal you know how much better it is than most of the slop that passes for pizza here in the states. Patsy's comes pretty close to capturing that old country taste. The pies are cooked just right, crisp but not burnt, fresh toppings that include real mozza, homemade sauce and basil by default. They also offer family style portions of all their salads and pastas that are great if you're a group of 4 or more. Again, the ingredients are fresh and well prepared. The wait staff are very nice, dressed in the old school outfits. The decor is well used and nothing special but its a family dining room, not a shmoozy restaurant.
What is with the hype?!
By Bosstone on 3/11/2008
The location on the UES left us wondering how this place survives in New York City. The pizza in the city is GREAT. At Patsy's, it is a strong... ok. And the service... I meant, what service? We couldn't get a glass of water, let alone our beers. The table behind was getting amazing service while we waited there thirsty and trying to catch the server's eye. I went to the bar to get my own drinks and was told that my server will be with us shortly. Hello! We have been here for an hour already and our food order was taken. NO drinks after asking four or five times now. The best part is that the waiter became so nice when he dropped the bill. It was the first time in my life that I left only $1 as a tip.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More