All Reader Reviews of...
2287 First Ave., New York, NY, 10035
nr. 118th St.
Bad Customer Service
By Commanderglenn on 8/27/2010
I went to Patsy's yesterday because last time I was there (1 to 2 months prior) there was a sign for their "Roll Back the Prices Day" and it said August 26th. When i arrived, much to my surprise, there wasn't much of a line. I went inside to speak to an employee and I was told that this year's "Roll Back the Prices Day" was August 11th. I informed them that I was there not more than two months previously and their sign (which was now taped over with August 11th) stated that August 26th. Not that it is a big deal, but I was a bit surprised and disappointed that management thought nothing of the mix-up. Even when I called to follow up on the events of the previous day, I got the same lack of accountability. There was no offer to honor the special or even a simple apology. As far as they were concerned, it was okay to use 2 to 3 year old signage. All in all, I for one won't be going back to Patsy's. Note to Patsy's: Even if you don't honor the special, it is okay to admit fault. It is the least you can do, that and not repeating the same lazy approach to signage going forward. As it stands, the signage for this years event, which has past, is still up (with tape affixed to the date). Watch them claim ignorance if someone else walks by and thinks next years event is on August 11th. Stop being cheap by reusing 2 year old signage and if you are going to be cheap, stop being lazy and update the time months in advance.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages