- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
86th St. at Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10028
Fresh and Bright and Affordable
By Meglion on 12/4/2012
I tried this truck for the first time last night, and I'm so glad I did. I'm also glad I was the only one on line, because the ONLY drawback to this venue is that they take so much home-made care of each order, it requires a bit of patience. That being said, the (maybe 7-minute) wait was worth it when I tasted the chicken-chili tamale and the beef sope: both were so incredibly fresh and flavorful, but the sope really knocked off my kneesocks. A freshly-griddled corn tortilla, crisp and soft at the same time, and piled with flavorful chunks of steak, fresh cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, a slice of ripe avocado, and their wonderful, spicy red and green sauces (served on the side). The truck was at Union Square, and I hope it will be again soon.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama