- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
220 Bowery, New York, NY, 10012
nr. Prince St.
Great Wine List; Food Punches Above Its Weight
By bugmenot on 12/7/2014
On a recent Sunday evening Pearl and Ash had a good crowd but wasn't jammed. The food was excellent - no misses among the 6 small plates ordered between two people. Particular favorites were the charred octopus and the venison sausage. The wine list is formidable, but it would have been nice to see a broader selection of wines available by the glass. Terroir is my go-to downtown wine joint and makes for a good comparison. Pearl and Ash has better, more interesting food, but I'd go to Terroir to experiment with interesting and odd wines (many more of which are available by the glass than at P&A). An aside on the music: Whoever made the playlist hit the sweet spot on the nostalgia curve for my demographic. The hits of the 80s, 90s, and today just kept on coming. Loved it!
By PupoftheRhones on 12/23/2013
Egregious service; tolerable raw fishes
Great Chef, Good Wine, The rest is Lame
By cnymagz on 8/22/2013
A Sorority/Fraternity on the Bowery. The scene is very Meatpacking 2006. But the owners think that they are uber cool. The chef should raise above and have a better venue because the food coming out of the kitchen impresses: Long Beans, chicken butter, steak tartare, hamachi, all = impressive and really nice balance of flavors. The wines are nice but the sommelier needs to quite playing with the saber and the champagne - Serve the customers who are a bit more dignified and not looking for a disney experience, please. Get the chef a serious venue, then lets talk......
Rudest Treatment Received in 20 Years of NYC Dining!
By lowereastsider on 8/21/2013
Pearl and Ash is awful! Had rudest treatment last night from hostess and manager that I've experienced in 20 years of NYC restaurant going. We had reservations at 8, but were told that the third member of our party could not stand next to us at the bar, where we were buying drinks and his wife was sitting while we waited for a table (although one was open) 20 minutes after our reservation! Wasn't even that packed, and the crowd was all old and dressed like your out of town Aunt would be for a "fancy" place.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu