All Reader Reviews of...
18 Cornelia St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Bleecker St.
Mmmm lobster rolls & clam chowder standout
By mackdi on 9/3/2011
We came for the lobster roll and were not disappointed!! Other standouts from the meal included the fried oysters (accompanied by an amazing sauce) and the New England clam chowder with bacon (mmm). I was so full from the lobster roll and clam chowder that I brought half of the lobster roll home. No miss, it was just as delicious on Day 2. I will definitely be returning.
The best lobster roll in the world!
By Renee on 4/14/2003
The food at Pearl is amazing. The lobster roll is mayonnaise-y and delicious with just a hint of lemon on a toasted, buttered bun. The scallops melt in your mouth. The Caesar salad is to die for. And the desserts are just too good for words. I've never had better seafood, anywhere!
Simply the Best!
By CityGirl3 on 4/17/2003
Dollar for dollar, this is the best seafood joint in NYC--probably on the east coast. A real chef who has spun simple beach food into gold! Do not miss the cod sandwich at lunch, the mussels in cream sauce, Caesar salad, fried osyters, crab cake and lobster roll, any time. Can't wait until that second room opens up!!!!
What a Catch!
By NYC14 on 5/8/2003
Great seafood and desserts! I have never been disappointed with the food and service. Lunch too!
What's the BEEF!
By gastro212 on 5/8/2003
There should be NONE! It is the BEST SEAFOOD in town. Worth the wait for the fresh, delectable dishes from the bouillabaisse, fried oysters, whole fresh fish and the yummy desserts too! No wonder GOURMET 2002 chose Pearl Oyster Bar as One of America's Best Restaurants.
Fantastic first time
By luv2eat on 8/20/2003
After a 10 min. wait we were seated. Very friendly staff, great service and the most delicious melt-in-your-mouth fried oysters. Great chowder. We enhaled our lobster rolls. Despite a waiting crowd, we were never rushed. Liked sitting at the bar as you talk to those on either side. Wonderful experience, will definitely return, especially now that I know where Cornelia St. is.
By mitchmurr on 8/8/2010
Went for the first time on a Saturday. Heard about the lines so we arrived 5:30 for the 6PM opening. Only four in front of us. By 5:50 there were about 20 in line. Sat at the counter, all service people were very friendly and welcoming. Had the famous Lobster Roll (Fantastic!), oysters (small but tasty), clam chowder (very good and only $8!) and mussels (also very good and plenty served for $11). We enjoyed everything and would return sooner than later. The owner and staff were great.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu