All Reader Reviews of...
18 Cornelia St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Bleecker St.
What a Catch!
By NYC14 on 5/8/2003
Great seafood and desserts! I have never been disappointed with the food and service. Lunch too!
What's the BEEF!
By gastro212 on 5/8/2003
There should be NONE! It is the BEST SEAFOOD in town. Worth the wait for the fresh, delectable dishes from the bouillabaisse, fried oysters, whole fresh fish and the yummy desserts too! No wonder GOURMET 2002 chose Pearl Oyster Bar as One of America's Best Restaurants.
Simply the Best!
By CityGirl3 on 4/17/2003
Dollar for dollar, this is the best seafood joint in NYC--probably on the east coast. A real chef who has spun simple beach food into gold! Do not miss the cod sandwich at lunch, the mussels in cream sauce, Caesar salad, fried osyters, crab cake and lobster roll, any time. Can't wait until that second room opens up!!!!
The best lobster roll in the world!
By Renee on 4/14/2003
The food at Pearl is amazing. The lobster roll is mayonnaise-y and delicious with just a hint of lemon on a toasted, buttered bun. The scallops melt in your mouth. The Caesar salad is to die for. And the desserts are just too good for words. I've never had better seafood, anywhere!
Best lobster roll in NY
By marscaro on 4/3/2003
One of my favorite seafood restaurant in NY, I could go there once a week for the lobster rolls.
Wear comfortable shoes ...
By CityPixie on 3/27/2003
Go late and you don't have to wait (as long), but then again there won't be much on the menu to choose from, either. Show up "prime time" and be prepared to stand and wait (and wait, and wait). However, if you don't have a summer house in East Hampton and you're craving a lobster roll, the wait is worth it, and it is surely shorter than the drive out on any jitney. If she's sold out of lobster rolls, go for the fresh lobster, or any fresh fish for that matter, as all of their fesh fish dishes are simply prepared and earn high marks.
"The Pearl" is not a Gem!
By hey_hon on 1/20/2003
Having eaten at Mary's Fish Camp several times but never being able to get into "The Pearl", I decided on a cold Saturday night to give it a try. After a 30+ minute wait, my friend and I were seated at the bar. Teeny, overcooked mussels, a lobster roll that had no taste save for the buttered hot dog roll it was on, a caesar salad that desperately needed something (thank God I had access to a squeeze of lemon and the pepper grinder). On the plus side, the service was great and the oysters on the half shell, while small, were very fresh and clean tasting. I hate to say that I wouldn't go back, but in this town you get one shot and I wasn't impressed!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu