All Reader Reviews of...
127 W. 72nd St., New York, NY, 10023
nr. Columbus Ave.
An old standby
By FatBastard on 10/2/2007
Reliable for both delivery and dining in. Interesting enough to satisfy a wide range of tastes but usually not so spicy as to put off. The squid appetizer is delightful medley of peppers, onions, and lightly breaded calamari tossed in chili oil. I generally follow up with the beef chow fun but have been satisfied with a variety of Penang's entrees and a friend consistently prefers the chicken with shredded mango. For low-key neighborhood dining, this one's a winner.
By margaretohora on 4/8/2007
Penang offers delicious food in an elegant environment. Definitely order to the string beans. The reader who described the service as "attentive" hit the nail on the head. I was impressed by the waitstaff. I recommend the lower level dining area.
Perfect Bohemian Nook
By achancellor on 10/1/2004
My husband and I happened upon this place on one of our routine strolls in Soho. We found it to be very comforting, friendly and warm. The service is attentive and caring without being intrusive. The food is a virtual melody of tastes and textures, satisfying without being heavy. We loved the abundance of candles everywhere! A very Bohemian vibe.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s