All Reader Reviews of...
159 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 30th St.
Great, comfortable, relaxing
By mszeto on 8/17/2008
I come to Penelope's all the time for breakfast and it's a great warm and and happy place to eat before I head to work. Consistent service. I love the omlettes and the waffle is amazing. A great neighborhood gem!
I love this place!
By jesslevy on 11/17/2007
I go to Penelope all the time- it's the perfect neighborhood restaurant. The service is great and the delivery is fast. I love the warm chicken meatballs, as well as the spinach-artichoke dip - I dream about them! The baked goods are delicious as well, try the red velvet cake! Great overall experience.
Great brakfsat and Sunday brunch
By elgordo on 10/27/2007
Visited Penelope's three times during a recent visit to NYC from Scotland. The service was excellent on each occasion and even when we had to wait 15 minutes for a table for Sunday brunch we were offered free coffee while we waited. Foodwise the Granola with yoghurt was excellent and try as I may I just can't replicate their version of it! The French toast was served with bundles of fresh fruit. The service was excellent, very efficient and extremely friendly without in any way being overpowering. An excellent oasis for fresh food in an understated part of the city.
By artemis908 on 11/9/2006
I really enjoyed this restaurant. Service was very good and the decor was very quaint and cute. Food was good, quite filling. Wasn't crowded at all during dinner hours on a weekday. I highly recommend.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight