All Reader Reviews of...
149 Sullivan St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Houston St.
By superhero on 10/16/2005
the BEST ITALIAN FOOD IN SOHO!
It's not about Decor... it's about perfection in FOOD!
By delucmi on 11/20/2008
Absolutely amazing experience. We were welcomed like family, I crafted my own pasta dish and it was made to my spects with perfection. It was an outstanding experience. The place is too small, it is too crowded... and that makes me want to get there at the right time, sit at one of three tables and watch the magic of perfect pasta dishes created as if you were in Italy. LOVE THIS PLACE!
By jotanyc on 8/30/2010
After a long and bitter search for cheap and simple Italian fare -- the way it should always be -- I finally found the truth: Pepe Rosso. I can't comment on the decor as I've only gotten delivery, but with great service and really good food I can't imagine why anyone would care. The guy who took my order kept calling me caro ("ok no problem caro!"), which was a welcome change in tone from what I've come to expect. The food arrived in ten minutes (I live near Hudson & Bleecker); the spaghetti w/ peso was tasty and al dente and the arugula salad w/ pear and gorgonzola was solid. Will definitely order again and recommend you do the same, especially if your wallet is feeling like mine: thin.
In, out, happy
By janene on 6/10/2005
Having suggested this place without seeing it first, I was slightly nervous bringing in some rather high-maintance, out-of-town guests. But everyone (natives and visitors) loved the place! The food was delicious and CHEAP, and the overall attitude (the "No diet soda, no skim milk, just good food" slogan on the menus, coupled with the sign admonishing those who lingered at a table for more than 30 minutes) was quintessential New York.
By scipio on 12/16/2008
Slow service, small space, but more importantly, sub-par Italian food. Completely tasteless and certainly not enough cheese on some of their dishes. Was not that much better than a microwaveable frozen dish.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu