All Reader Reviews of...
178 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
at Driggs Ave.
Best Steak Ever
By motherhen on 12/27/2006
Really, the best steak I have ever eaten. We had the porterhouse for two as recommended, one small caesar salad between us and one huge order of french fries. The salad and fries were standard fare, just fine. The steak was STELLAR. My husband would eat steak every meal for the rest of his life if he could. We have eaten at easily a hundred steak houses over the years. This steak takes the prize. I couldn't stop myself from chewing on the bone. I saw a woman do that at a Capital Grille once and thought I should try it once it my life. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to enjoy another steak anywhere else ever again. The service was excellent though there was some subtle infighting between the two servers that shared us. It was not intrusive and moderately entertaining, actually. We ate here at 2:30 in the afternoon and the place was packed as though it was 8pm. Will go back any time I need a huge prime steak bone to gnaw on.
Why only 2 stars?
By MObar on 11/15/2006
I understand that the decor is old and dry, and the service is traditionally not so steller, for a steak that good I think 2 is a little on the low side. The steak says it all.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s