All Reader Reviews of...
9824 Fourth Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11209
nr. Marine Ave.
authentic Sicilian in bay ridge
By vinnie28 on 12/21/2009
You can tell when an owner of a restaurant really has a passion for food- and it is evident at piattini ristorante. Gino, the owner, truly cares for the customers experience and it shows in his dishes. At piattini you will not find the traditional italian dishes but rather traditional sicilian dishes. From the best pasta con sarde in NY to linguine con bottarga you cannot go wrong with the choices of pasta. Piattini is the only restaurant i've been to that actually serves sliced bottarga on the pasta, not the speckled kind, in fact gino made me aware of that by bringing out the entire bottarga sack to show me. Great experience will definitely go back. PS. save room for the gelato!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More