All Reader Reviews of...
630 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
at 45th St.
By Queenbee505 on 6/17/2010
This place was recommended by a co-worker and I have to say he was right the food is delicious. I had the fried chicken and it was seasoned perfectly and the potato salad was just like Mom's. I plan to make this one of my lunchtime venues.
By feelgoodyo on 9/29/2009
I recently stumbled on this place completely by accident. It was late & I was hungry and this place just sealed the deal- cheap, fast, & smelled pretty darn good from a distance. I got some wings & they smelled delicious but honestly, the taste didn't impress. I KNOW fried chicken but this was pretty off. There was too much seasoning and junk put into it, taking it away from being authentic, classic, fried chicken. I like my food to the point & good, and if that's what you're into I wouldn't recommend it. Otherwise it was alright. It had a interesting tangy taste.
The best value in NYC
By texasmountaineer on 8/15/2009
It is a walk up window where you take it home or just eat it on the street. There is usually a line and go early...they sell out the best fixings first. The fried chicken is moist and tender and will leave you wanting a second piece. Get plenty of napkins!
By JHAUWS on 4/2/2009
There are a lot of little restaurants in Hell's Kitchen off 8th, 9th, and 10th avenues that I continually walk by and chide myself for not having tried yet. However, upon trying most of them, I am disappointed to be ripped off or served food that pretends to be uptown-fancy or downtown-chic. Not so at Piece of Chicken! People scoff, but how can you beat authentic cooking, great value, and consistently tasty food? Of course, you have to be willing to suspend all diet concerns, but then, if you are still reading, that is definitely not a problem for you. Highlights: macaroni & cheese, bread pudding
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu