All Reader Reviews of...
165 W. 47th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Seventh Ave.
Never going back
By PaolaC on 9/20/2012
The manager of this place is a jerk: having fun with my friends and he grabbed my arm and was tightening his grip for no reason. He called a bouncer to escort me out and even the bouncer was not sure why I was being kicked out. He looked at me weird and couldn't even explain why I was being thrown out. I'm 5'4 and weight less than 120! Seriously, have more respect and NEVER EVER touch a client.
By Irmi on 6/15/2009
Had to wait a long time for waitress to take order, even though the restaurant was almost empty. No water refills or offer for additional beers. No checking if order was okay or anything else needed. Had to get waitress to get check. Had to wait even longer for waitress to collect payment and then again to have credit cards returned. Also, offensive odors drifted in the dining room, coming from the not so good smelling restrooms. Nauseating.
Yucky Smell and Bad Service
By Irmi on 6/14/2009
A friend recommended this Pub for a great place to stop by when visiting New York City. However, my friends and I had a rather sad experience. First of all, we were seated in the back dining room and every so often, there was a bad smell coming from the bad smelling restrooms, into the dining room - yeak. Food was great, with ample portions. But, service was very very slow, and this during a time of day when there were more employees than customers in the establishment. There were no refills on water, no checking on us if or when we wanted to order another drink/beer, no checking if we needed anything else: only taking orders (and we waited a long time for this) and delivering food once. We had to hunt the waitress down to get our check and then again to have her take our payment. Very sad service and smelly experience. Definitely don't recommend it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama