All Reader Reviews of...
1748 First Ave., New York, NY, 10128
at 90th St.
Review has it all wrong ... this place is a hidden gem.
By denmarknyc on 11/26/2011
Rather than mom and pop, more like husband and wife. The service (usually owner Mark) is attentive and efficient and you can always trust that the specials are actually something special. If you like authentic Italian, this restaurant is worth seeking out!
Love it - - don't belive the Profile
By NYlocal on 11/4/2011
Have gone to this restaurant when it was in the East 80's and later reincarnation in the E. 90's. Great food. Great service. Carries one of my favorite Italian wines that's hard to find. Food has been consistently good -- with same husband/wife team -- since at least 1988 when I first found it. How many neighborhod restaurants can say that? Sure, it's not the latest nouvelle Italian, but if you want really good pastas & service, this is the spot.
By Maura45 on 9/11/2011
This is our go to Italian restaurant on the upper east side. Food is always very good, service is personable and makes you feel at home, and priced very well for NYC. Can't beat the authentic Italian atmosphere and home dishes. Highly recommended.
Our "Go To" Restaurant
By Halierenee on 6/29/2010
This was the place my husband and I went on our 2nd date and have kept on returning week after week (4years later) since it is always consistently good. You can't go wrong with any of the specials. We are never rushed out the door and are always greeted with a smile from Marc. I always try to save room for dessert- especially when they have the Ricotta Cheese Cake. Its out of this world and always worth the Cheat when dieting!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu