All Reader Reviews of...
1746 First Ave., New York, NY, 10128
nr. 90th St.
Stole my credit card
By seeshele on 12/11/2013
The food at Pio Pio is great but please pay in cash. I had my credit card numbers stolen after a dinner on November 13. It was fairly elaborate scam in that the numbers were stolen and placed on a new card and used around NYC. Luckily my card contacted me and reimbursed me but it was a hassle non the less. Again, the food is amazing but a bad apple ruins the whole bunch.
By ewdhsijkn on 12/8/2013
The food is incredible, especially the pio pio chicken! My family goes there a lot and it is really fun. The music is really great too!
Must go regularly ....
By touring_local on 8/21/2008
This is a place you don't feel guilty about going to 1,2,3 times per week. The chicken is awesome and the sides are just delicious. The green sauce they serve is something you won't find anywhere else, and quite possibly may be a good enough reason not to try. The avocado salad is great and refreshing and you won't find better sangria in the city.... trust me! Tried the ceviche, was a little ...mmmm.... authentic for my taste, but I know that is how it is supposed to be. One place that is satisfying all around and easy on the wallet. Feed 4 and get tipsy for $50.
Best Chicken in NYC
By DeLinsk on 6/5/2008
Go here. Now. Stop reading and grab a cab. Then order a whole chicken for 2-4 people, get amazing sides of maduros (fried bananas or plantains?), rice and beans, and get both the avocado sauce and garlic sauce. Add a $20 dollar pitcher of sangria (bigger than most other pitchers) and you're getting a cheaper meal than you thought you could find in the city. Chicken is moist inside and crispy on the outside, and without booze it's a $30 dollar meal for two, sometimes even less. Really unbelievable food at a great price. One of my favorites in the city. Location on Upper East, Upper West and Midtown East. Don't miss out on this place. They deliver too.
By ajl on 9/18/2006
The lines at this small Peruvian chicken restaurant are always out the door, but it's worth waiting for. The rotisserie chicken is the centerpiece, and the green hot sauce that accompanies it is delicious, as are sides like maduros and avocado salad. The sangria is worth ordering too.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu