All Reader Reviews of...
38 E. 19th St., New York, NY, 10003
Great tapas, awesome white sangria!
By jenga1111 on 6/8/2003
You can sit outside (weather-permitting) or inside. Service is excellent and the food is pretty much what you would find at other good tapas restaurants. Quite an enjoyable experience overall.
By californiachef on 3/7/2003
I have eaten a lot of tapas in NYC, and this is by far the worst. The food is overpriced, the service a bit huffy, and the food mediocre. The flatbreads were the best thing we had, but I've had better flatbreads at Layla. The waiter did bring a birthday sorbet for my friend without prompting, but that was his saving grace. Their wine list has nothing by the bottle under $35, which is ridiculous for a restaraunt featuring Spanish wines. Now I know why I got a reservation so easily!
Service vs Food???
By moi90 on 2/16/2003
The tapas here were great. We ordered a variety of tapas and each one tasted wonderful and unique, as did the flatbreads. The paella and the whole fish was nothing to write home about! The service was not one of a $$$ notch restaurant. Waiters were standing around in thier own conversation rather then being attentive to the guest. The option of coat check was not offered. The decor reminded me of the attic where Casper lives!!
By KBurris11 on 1/13/2003
The food has always been delicious, yet, the last time I went, January 2003, it was very different. I believe that there may be new owners due to a new menu and less than great service. Although, the decor and atmosphere were great, the food was not as good as I had remembered. Still, a nice place overall, and tapas are a great dining experience.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam