All Reader Reviews of...
259 Flatbush Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11217
nr. Bergen St.
Worst service and cold food!
By tikia.mosley on 8/2/2012
Me and my husband came the restaurant the other evening to enjoy dinner. But that is not what happened at all instead we did not enjoy our meal together because after waiting for over 45 minutes for the meals, Salmon and Grilled Shrimp dishes to arrive my shrimp and mash potatoes was cold very cold. So I asked my server Anastasia to please take the dish back to be heated up. My husband was able to completely finish his meal. I did not want to eat alone, that was not why we came out for dinner. When the food did come back I alerted the server that I no longer wanted the dish and we would take the check. She asked the owner if she could speak with him on the side, I assume she told him what was happening and if he could remove the dish off the bill. He did. But instead of coming to speak with us and see exactly why we no longer wanted he meal. He had the audacity to EAT the meal himself right in front of us!!! Me and my husband were both in shock. I have worked in the hospitality business for over 6 years food and beverage to be exact and I have never received or given that kind of customer service. I will NOT be returning to Piquant again. This just left a bad and cold taste in my mouth.
By tamnyc on 4/11/2010
I went here a few weeks ago with several of my friends for dinner. The food was extremely salty. Everything I tasted was over salted. I had to ask teh waitress to tell the cook to ease up on the salt. The service was also very poor. They seemed to not have enough waiters for the number of patrons there. I will say that the mussels were good. I would never go back nor would I recommend it.
Fantastic evening, great food
By brkngal on 2/13/2010
Classy and delicious. My boyfriend and I had a wonderful evening here with two friends. We ordered a couple of entrees (ribs, salmon) as well as a variety of smaller plates (tamales, sliders, tacos) to share - all creative, flavorful, perfectly seasoned dishes. Appetizer portions in particular are great value, as are the delicious cocktails. The service really was phenomenal - warm and attentive, and gave great recommendations regarding the wine. Atmosphere is classy without being overly formal, intimate but still spacious - it would be a great spot for any occasion. Highly recommended!
want a quick trip to the er
By shanalady2 on 2/4/2010
If you want a quick trip to the emergency room, eat here. Food is the worst and the service even worse than the food. No one here cares about the customers!!!!
By shanalady2 on 12/3/2009
This restaurant ihas gone downhill, they must have changed something, we will never go back
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu