All Reader Reviews of...
125 LaSalle St., New York, NY, 10027
By nycvivian on 4/4/2009
While I usually agree with NYMag reviews, I think this profile is way off the mark. First of all, WE LOVE THE SAUCE!! Heavens, I hope they never reduce it. Particularly not in the penne pisticci or the maltagliati. I guess Mr. Silverman is not familiar with the beautiful Italian tradition called "fare la scarpetta col pane," but when the food is this good it is easily one of the most enjoyable parts of the meal. Especially since the bread at Pisticci is some of the best in New York (You can always judge a good restaurant by its bread.) Some other details that are incorrect are that they do NOT accept American Express, they DO accept reservations, and for whatever it's worth, Praise the Lord Dental has been gone for years...Everyone in the neighborhood knows Pisticci, we love it, and we have been devoted to it ever since it opened. The only better Italian fare New Yorkers will find is on the other end of an eight hour plane ride.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- The Rise of the Power Sushi Restaurant
- 25-Ton Potato Spill Blocks Off North Carolina Highway for Hours
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More