A Nice Pie
By NYCGUY on 3/21/2004
People say you can't find good pizza in Manhattan - you gotta go to the boroughs. That was fine with me since I stopped eating pizza years ago. Trying to cut down and all that. Well one day I got the urge and asked around and someone told me about Pizza 33. The drought is over. The margherita is pricey at 3 bucks a slice but I defy you (if you're male anyway) to be satisfied with just one slice. It's simple and it's heaven. The cheese is fresh - not some plastic polyester tasting junk - and just the right amount is spread atop the sweetest, most flavorful tomatoes I've tasted in a long time. And don't get me started on the crispy, thin and tasty crust. I'd forgotten it was even possible to have pizza this good. Maybe I'm exaggerating but I keep going back. Sometimes, I can't even wait for it to be heated. It's not a fancy place, that's true but there's a clean place to sit. Believe me, I've thought about a bottle of wine and better ambience at home and it's only willpower that keeps me from ordering a full pie and having it delivered. But I'm weakening...
don't order delivery
By olsalmon on 2/26/2008
i've waited over an hour more then once. i thought they had an off night and ordered again but it happened again the other night. the pizza is decent but waiting an hour and a half isn't acceptable no matter how good.
Pizza 33 is pretty damn good
By JasperJed on 3/6/2009
One of the better pizzas in the city. I live just down the street so it's most convenient for me just to order the whole pie on the phone and go down 10 minutes later. Fresh out of the oven. No such thing as a wait of any consequence here, I can't imagine how anyone had to wait for an hour (as another wrote). Quality is high as ingredients are top notch. Crust is perfectly thin, cheese is mozzarella only, and pepperoni is Boars Head. I would like maybe a little more salt in the crust but otherwise great. 9 stars. Service can be a little spotty especially from the non-English speaking staff but speak clearly and you will get what you want. BUSY late Fridays. Duh.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu