All Reader Reviews of...
310 W. 4th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Bank St.
Lovely and Charming
By cburke52086 on 7/26/2007
The Place is a lovely, charming and quaint restaurant in the village. I went the other night with a date and we both had a lovely experience. The ambiance is very old world. Though the restaurant is small, I didnt feel crowded. We ordered a bottle of wine from the reasonably prices wine list. Our waitress was lovely and very attentive all night. I ordered a salad and had the mussels for an entree. My date ordered the fish stew. I wish I remembered all the details about the entrees, but I am not able to recall. My salad was pretty standard, though not overly saturated with dressing thankfully. My mussles were great, cooked in a garlic broth with lots of flavor. My dates fish stew was really quite good. However, he left feeling a little hungry still. Overall, we had a lovely evening that I think was amplified by the lovely surroundings.
Great Romantic Restaurant
By cdwestgato on 12/22/2004
My fiance and I had a lovely time. The service was excellent. We didn't even notice the servers, they were that good. The food and decor made our evening. I proposed that very evening. It was that good.
By epicentre on 12/9/2003
I discover THE PLACE with my dear lover on a heavy snowing night. My love come from Tel Aviv, me from Montreal, this place make us feel like in Europe.The warm atmosphere was perfect. 100 % romantic. The service was perfect. The scalops with celery puree and port wine was amazing. The duck delicious and beautifully presented. In conclusion : it's the perfect place for a very romantic dinner, especially on a cold night. Francois Picard
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More