All Reader Reviews of...
610 Eleventh Ave., New York, NY, 10036
nr. 45th St.
Assaulted by owner
By mystery637 on 9/11/2013
I was assaulted by the co-owner at Pom Pom Diner. A friend and I were looking for a place to eat..searched our phones and Pom Pom was close-by and decently rated so we decided to go in. I sit down at a table and my friend goes to the bathroom. There is a weird vibe in the place so I text him while he is in the bathroom saying lets go somewhere closer to where we live. When he gets out we go to leave and the waiter screams my friend used the bathroom and we didn't order food. The co-owner comes out and demands we pay him $10 for using the bathroom. I say no and you won't believe what happens next - HE LOCKS THE DOOR OF THE DINER AND WILL NOT LET US LEAVE! At this point this is false imprisonment and I fear for my life since we were basically being extorted for money in exchange for our safety. My friend tries to offer money at this point but they won't take it. I go to unlock the door and the co-owner gets in front of it, grabs me by the shirt/neck and PUNCHES ME MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE FACE. Then the co-owner and other works follow my friend and try to fight him. Mind you we aren't drunk, hadn't caused any ruckus, didn't even have a sip of water - we just wanted to leave. I had to go to the hospital and receive a catscan due to the head trauma. I was hit at least four times, had a bruised lip, swollen nose (ER first thought it was broken), and mild concussion. I now have dizzy spells and trouble falling and staying asleep among other issues caused by this.
Really Neat Find
By SwellSundae on 11/12/2011
Came here to eat during NYCC on Saturday, a few blocks from the Jacob Javits Convention Center. Service was superb, food was delicious. And the atmosphere was calming, something almost impossible to find here in the city. Reasonably priced, and well worth it.
By Yummi on 2/9/2010
Home-like cooking, delicious food, very nice service. Tried 16oz. beef with beans/corn and french frites, vege cream soup than rice pudding and coffe (coffe which satisfied foreigner :) ) . Beef - ordered medium - got medium, delicate and tasteful. Ordered BBQ sauce, didnt used not to change the taste which was perfect. Overall 10.0 Good, quite place out of hypersonic speed of the city. I recommend. Jan
The place is full of character(s)
By texasmountaineer on 8/15/2009
This is great little dinner. Sort of old through back kind of dinner. Food is really good dinner food, service is charming...for breakfast usually a one women show but she is moving...if you dont have patience....dont go. Great Breakfast.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu