All Reader Reviews of...
551 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10024
nr. 87th St.
By FrankC on 4/29/2012
They really need to replace the chef here. It was better...like 15 years ago. I gave them 3 chances in recent years and they have so struck out. The chef simply knows how to make a slap-dash job of things, like a short-order cook at a greasy spoon...and he does not know the first thing about how to do eggs right, which is actually the sine qua non hallmark of a chef's skill. And, by the way, serving the popovers lukewarm is stupid and unforgivable when that is your branding. Dude!
Delicious namesake popovers
By krodster on 2/21/2011
I've been here for brunch only once, but it was fabulous. the interior isn't thrilling, but the staff are very friendly and attentive. and the popovers are phenomenal! they're huge and warm and the strawberry butter is fantastic. in fact I think they overshadowed my meal because i can't remember how good or bad the eggs benedict were. at least try their popovers if nothing else, luckily they come complimentary with your meal :)
By brittanycarcova on 8/20/2010
I have been coming to Popover's Cafe since I was a young girl, so I have very fond memories attached to it. Ideally, Popover's is a Sunday morning eatery. The breakfast/brunch menu is impeccable. Lemon Twist pancakes are a refreshing, zesty twist on this morning staple and the creative assortment of omlettes and flopovers might have you debating what to order for a little while. But regardless of your decision, which will indeed be foolproof, be sure to include an order of popovers, which are served warm and freshly baked, allowing the accompanying apple butter to melt beautifully before you take your first bite.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu