All Reader Reviews of...
46 Eldridge St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. Hester St.
By Kj1987 on 8/28/2015
I'll take extra rat with mine please. Now you know why the meat tastes so unique.
By Jersey_Boy on 4/8/2011
I've never been there (YET:) but a recent review says one of the 3 Best in New York City http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7c9BYhgqwY
By restaurantfairy on 12/19/2010
Where is the world can you find a plate of dumplings that cost a dollar and tastes this good? Only in Chinatown! Prosperity Dumpling, is the quintessential hole in the wall joint, that is steaming and frying up delicious dumplings faster than you can say â€śhey prestoâ€ť! The dumplings here are fresh, the fillings are tasty and for just a few bucks you can eat and buy enough to take home for the next few meals. They have a wonderful variety of fillings you can try, steamed or pan fried and they even serve great crispy sesame pancakes. Its no wonder that it madeÂ the cheap eats 2008 list by New York magazine. This is a deal you wouldnâ€™t want tot miss. For pictures and more food details click on this link: http://therestaurantfairy.com/2010/12/06/prosperity-dumplings/
A (very cheap) piece of heaven
By australianfoodlover on 7/10/2010
Had the friend pork and chive dumplings, the boiled chinese vegetables and pork dumplings, and the sesame pancake with pork. The sesame pancake was incredible, with the cilantro working wonders with the pork, and the pastry being very fluffy. The boiled chinese vegetables and pork dumplings were good as well, but I'm from the school that dumplings should be fried, so my bias lent me to favour the fried pork and chive dumplings - and they were divine - especially with the Sriracha/hot sauce. Go easy on the soy sauce when you're here since the food is perfectly seasoned, however bring $5 and you will be guaranteed to be rolling home from this bang-for-your-buck joint! Definitely coming back!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More