All Reader Reviews of...
311 W. 57th St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. Eighth Ave.
I am so Cold! Maybe I should just go to the diner next door.
By reng223 on 3/6/2008
Made nightclub table reservation for birthday party. 10 people on a Saturday. Silver package bottle service. 2 goose, 1 patron, around $1000 total. Showed up on time. Waited outside in freezing cold for almost an hour. Waited in fenced off area like cows as people walked by. Only half the party got in. Other half waited another 15 minutes. We were the first ones in line. Club was nearly empty when we got in. No reason to wait. I think Providence likes the line out front. When we got in, the waitress introduced herself and I never saw her again. We ran out of juice often and had to get it ourselves. Bar did not give tap water when requested. I believe that is illegal?!! Very expensive drinks, $12 shots. Place looked like ski lodge with lots of wood, Christmas lights, and large chandelier over the dance floor. Not as sleek as the pictures make it out to be. $25 cover for guys if you do not have table reservations. Treated by staff almost as if we were an inconvenience and they acted like they did not want to do their job. Good music. Lots of variety.
Providence, Mid-week and Mid-town
By martin_chamois on 4/5/2007
Providence is a mid-range restaurant in midtown, that serves very well prepared food, served professionally all situated in a eclitic former church, recording studio, and nightclub setting. Is it the best place in NYC? No. Is it worth a fine mid-week meal? Yes.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu