All Reader Reviews of...
54 E. 1st St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. First Ave.
I can't get enough
By emilyomlette on 10/21/2003
Whenever I want to go out to dinner (and now brunch)... I always end up at Prune. The staff really cares about the food, and it shows. It is the perfect place to go with not too many people (unless you sit at the big table downstairs), who are fun eaters and who want something different. My favorite is the figs, pistacchio and ham bar snack, the ribeye and the chocolate cake. All the vegetables I have eaten are cooked perfectly. You cant go wrong at Prune if you know how to order. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED> If you dont like it, youve got a problem.
Doesn't live up to the hype
By mhhardin on 1/28/2003
The service at our brunch was absent-minded and and seemed to not really care about whether we enjoyed ourselves or not, but the food helped to make up for it. The ginger-mint sauce in the fruit salad was memorable and the coffee was the best I have ever tasted. The charm of the setting won us over despite not feeling appreciated by the wait staff.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More