All Reader Reviews of...
71 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 4th St.
By The_Weatherman on 5/19/2012
Stopped in Pukk a number of times with friends... cozy... inexpensive... and more importantly, some spicy and delicious vegetarian dishes. This is a great little place with modest prices... lots of choices.
TERRIBLE - lustre has worn off a once-great restaurant
By yannikyriazis on 7/4/2011
PUKK used to be great - every detail in presentation and cuisine was outstanding, and the management really cared. NO LONGER the case. The idea of great Thai veggie cuisine is so appealing - yet, everything we have eaten at PUKK over the last year is something Mrs. Jones' Third Grade Class in Paducah could whip up on "Asian Night" in the basketball court/auditorium. "Chicken" nuggets - which used to be so incredible - are available at any health food store or vegetarian Asian store. I have the same things in my freezer this moment! Great at home, but not at a restaurant. Sauces are BLAND - and that is being kind. Food literally comes from the frozen food section of the Asian veggie store down the street from my flat. PUKK is fine if you are hungry and don't care what you eat. But why eat the food prepared by a kitchen which simply doesnâ€™t care? There were two large dead cockroaches on the floor and not one server even noticed. The place is now filthy and the bathroom, which once was so beautiful, is now disgusting. Light bulbs are burned out, and I watched as staff entered and exited the bathroom throughout our meal. Not one of them replaced a light bulb or cleaned the filthy surfaces. It breaks my heart - this used to be my favorite veggie restaurant in NY - but I'd rather eat a veggie burger at Odessa (a scary thought) than eat this catsup infused bland deep fried garbage again. Owners of PUKK - you should be ashamed.
By sofiabesyakov on 1/12/2011
Hi, just wanted to drop a note to all the people around the area and recommend that you guys come to the restaurant. I've been eating there for last year and a half, and it is my favorite CHEAP veggi restaurant. Enjoy
Worth every penny...
By LinLaLiLa on 5/23/2008
...and we didn't spend many pennies at Pukk. The food is great for the price. I live around the corner and come here often. The food is really quick and always tasty. I love to get many dishes and have it served family style so my friends and I can all pick on everything. You must be prepared for the use of protein substitutes, I'm not a vegetarian but don't mind them and think the protein duck is much better that the chicken. RECOMMENDED DISHES: Spinach Toast!, Curry Thai Pancake, Fresh Roll, Thai Papaya Salad, Duck Salad, Pineapple Red Curry with Duck, Pad See Ew with Vegetables
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s