All Reader Reviews of...
282 Bowery , New York, NY, 10012
at E. Houston St.
second time around
By gchris11 on 3/27/2010
went back tonight for dinner, the olives were not worth the effort, I would have rather paid the MTA fair to go to Marlow and Sons for their olives. WHY when you have great Burrata down the street in Little Italy, would you bring it in from Cali, AND IT SUCKED, Flavorless except for the SEA salt .ONCE AGAIN the highlight of the meal was the PIZZA!!!! again A+++++++++++++. but expensive, dinner for 2...2 beers , 2 apps, 2 pizzas almost $100. next time just going for the pizza, or just getting take out pizza. the rest is crap! and AGAIN the service is outstanding, I could do with out the Bitchy host!
Nice, but honestly nothing special.
By bugheart on 3/25/2010
Great service. Decor has a few nice touches but nothing to write home about. Pizzas with red sauce were flat, smothered in sauce, & burnt. The people who got the pizzas seemed disappointed...most took 1/2 a pizza home in a box. One could hear how crunchy the dough was from 2 tables away...The pizzas without red sauce looked airier & more appetizing. We had their quattro formaggi pizza & a ricotta bruschette...Both dishes had good flavor, were simple, & rustic. Nice but honestly nothing special. Maybe I have high expectations, but in NYC if you are dropping $50-70 on lunch, there are plenty of better places to go. But I am not writing it off yet. They still are figuring things out. I plan to go back after they have their dinnertime "legs" & see how it fairs. I would suggest you do the same.
By gchris11 on 3/16/2010
wow, this place has all the right notes to begin, GREAT BREAKFAST PIZZA A+++++. the bloody mary falls short, too sweet, too something and not very good. the grape fruit ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND forget the Frittatatas..... OVER PRICED DRY AND NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STICK WITH THE PIZZA! 1 person with tip $60.00 not on BOWERY and I live here. I think I will stick with Hancho en Dumdo. sorry guys, Server Rocked friendly staff.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument