All Reader Reviews of...
1402 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10021
at 73rd St.
Fresh, Delicious and aa Great Value!!!
By trina20 on 8/7/2010
I have been reading some of the reviews on here and I can't believe anyone would think that this place is expensive. Seriously people, this is Manhattan!!!! Where else can you eat a tasty satisfying lunch for under $8? A family of four can eat here and have left over to take home for under $50??? Are you kidding me? It costs more to cook at home. So unless you are used to fast food and eating at McDonald's, you will find this place an incredible Value! Not to mention, the food is to die for. The chicken shwarma and lemonade are food heaven...and this coming from someone who is a self proclaimed "foodie" and very picky. Always fresh, healthy and with a nice atmosphere, I highly recommend this place for a great meal out that won't break the bank.
WORST DELIVERY EVER!!!!!!
By FrankM on 6/5/2010
First of all the guy that answered the phone was very RUDE! He didn't let me complete my order and he hanged up on me. I had to call back to make sure he had the right info. I had to chase the delivery guy since that idiot gave him the incorrect address...he was somewhere in my block and I had to waved at him! I ordered falafel pita and it came on a bread roll!!!! The pita on the chicken gyro was burned, instead of getting ginger ale we got water. Seasonal fruit came with the lunch special so we got an ORANGE!!!! not peeled or cut. The tahini dressing doesn't taste like tahini...it's just plain bland yogurt!
Just priced themselves out of my list. . .
By ntenzer on 1/9/2010
In agreement with all reviews the food here is good, but quite frankly I always thought the 12.95 for gyros and rice was a bit much, now at 13.95 they have found my price elasticity for middle eastern fare. All of the other prices went up as well, at $16 for chicken and rice? Just seems like a lot for take-out, sorry.
By HotChildintheCity on 10/14/2009
The BEST veggies and couscous
I will have dreams about this place
By TBonzo on 2/4/2009
Great middle eastern lunch at a great price. Nothing fancy, just really good food and friendly service. All the ingredients were really fresh, the lamb was incredible, and the pita for sandwiches was thick and soft and didn't fall apart like at most places. Also, their baklava is literally making me drool as I write this. I will be eating here a lot.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan