All Reader Reviews of...
205 E. 81st St., New York, NY, 10075
nr. Third Ave.
A hard sell
By OnTheTown on 5/7/2013
I usually avoid restaurants where the proprietor seizes upon me before I have even opened the door but was swayed by the display of desserts at the front of the dining room and the French doors opening onto a warm spring evening. I should have followed my instincts. The calamari was tough and served with an unexceptional red sauce and no lemon wedges. Overcooked prawns and more tough squid made the black linguini with seafood a lacklustre experience and left me with no appetite for the desserts that initially looked so inviting. I paid the bill and left, keen to put the experience behind me, only to find that after walking one block, I was being pursued by the waiter who was demanding more money because he had miscalculated the tab. He offered no apologies for his mistake. Poor food, high prices and lousy service!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s