All Reader Reviews of...
205 E. 81st St., New York, NY, 10075
nr. Third Ave.
A hard sell
By OnTheTown on 5/7/2013
I usually avoid restaurants where the proprietor seizes upon me before I have even opened the door but was swayed by the display of desserts at the front of the dining room and the French doors opening onto a warm spring evening. I should have followed my instincts. The calamari was tough and served with an unexceptional red sauce and no lemon wedges. Overcooked prawns and more tough squid made the black linguini with seafood a lacklustre experience and left me with no appetite for the desserts that initially looked so inviting. I paid the bill and left, keen to put the experience behind me, only to find that after walking one block, I was being pursued by the waiter who was demanding more money because he had miscalculated the tab. He offered no apologies for his mistake. Poor food, high prices and lousy service!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu